Spruce Peak Arts seeks Box Office Manager & Operations Associate
Spruce Peak Arts is a not for profit presenting organization nestled at the foot of Mount Mansfield in Stowe, Vermont. We are dedicated to using the inspiration and creativity of the performing arts to fulfill our ambitious mission to be a year-round window into the arts for the Northern Vermont region, and to inspire, educate, and entertain our communities. With a growing roster of performances, we present a diverse range of performing arts, education, and community events in our beautiful 420 seat venue located in Spruce Peak Village.
We seek a Box Office Manager & Operations Associate who is mission-driven, enthusiastic, resourceful, tech and customer service savvy with Box Office and/or office management experience. Reporting to the Director of Production and Services, the position will maintain primary responsibility for daily box office operations and will provide additional support to theater/event operations at the venue.
Box Office Management responsibilities:
- Daily management of Patron Manager CRM Ticketing System, including building and maintaining all events and special programs
- Manage sales and donation process for walk in, phone and internet customers.
- Serve as primary point of contact for daily box office phone and email inquiries
- Prepare box office for each performance including will call tickets
- Coordinate with House Mangers and ushers to prepare the lobby and ensure smooth operations for all events
- In collaboration with Front of House staff, prepare theater for audience arrival, ticket scanning, and seating process
- Reconcile event sales and concession revenue, and provide event reports to Artists and Accounting Department
- Schedule, supervise and train hourly box office staff
- Support Production, Front of House, and administrative departments as necessary
- Collaborate with Marketing team to update event details on web, social, and community platforms
- Respond promptly and professionally to customer inquiries and requests
- Operate the box office with excellent customer service to maintain strong relationships with patrons
Operation Associate responsibilities
- Manage booking and coordination of parking shuttle service and janitorial staff
- Maintain supplies for bar/concessions, cleaning, and office supplies at the venue
- Maintain general supply stock for theater event and administrative operations
- Coordinate with Production Manager to prepare green room and dressing room for artist use
- Support efforts to build and maintain the team of volunteer ushers
- Box Office Management experience and working knowledge of PatronManager ticketing is a plus
- Detail-oriented, and an efficient multi-tasker, with demonstrated project management skills
- Strong organizational skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Three to five years of experience in theater or office administration
- Ability to collaborate and clearly communicate with staff, artists, and audience members
- Be an effective and enthusiastic first point of contact for the organization in person, on the phone, and via email.
- Ability to collaborate and maintain a positive demeanor in a fast-paced work environment
The Box Office Manager / Operations Associate position requires a majority of time at a desk and computer. Operations tasks at the venue will require basic movement capabilities including walking and movement on flat surfaces, steps and sloping ramps, lifting of light packages and boxes, bending, and standing for periods of time. Spruce Peak Arts is a fully accessible facility.
Compensation, Benefits, Application process:
This is a Full-time, 40-hour/week, salaried position, with evening and weekend hours dependent on event and performance schedules. Spruce Peak Arts offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Starting salary is $48,000 plus benefits including:
- 75% individual health insurance premium
- Dental coverage also available
- Paid Federal Holidays
- 2 personal days off per month accruable
- 401K program, non-contributory
- Some remote work opportunity available
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter to Belinda Emerson, Director of Production & Services, via email ([email protected]) with subject line: Box Office Manager & Operations Associate Application. No phone calls please.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: We strongly support equal employment opportunities for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.