2024 Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise in Design
The Vilcek Foundation is accepting applications for the 2024 Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise in Design. In 2024, three rising immigrant designers living and working in the United States will be awarded cash prizes of $50,000 each. The deadline to apply is Monday, June 12, 2023, at 5pm ET.
Designers working in digital design, graphic design, product design, or social design are eligible to apply for a Vilcek Prize for Creative Promise in Design. Applicants must have been born outside the United States and be 38 years of age or younger. Limited exceptions to the age requirement may apply for individuals who have taken caregiving, medical, military, or parental leave.
The three winners of the 2024 Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise in Design will be announced in early 2024. Each will each receive a $50,000 unrestricted cash prize and be honored at a reception in New York City in April 2024.
You can access further details about the Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise in Design, eligibility requirements, and the online application at the following link: www.vilcek.org.
Who Should Apply
- You were born outside the United States to non-American parents
- You are not more than 38 years old
- You have 5 years of professional experience in design and possess a strong track record of creative and high-caliber work
Why Should You Apply
- Opportunity to win one of three $50,000 unrestricted cash prizes
- Help raise awareness and visibility of immigrant contributions to design in the United States
- Reflect and share how your experience as an immigrant has shaped your success
- Prizewinners receive an invaluable endorsement from leaders in their field
- Prizewinners receive a comprehensive public relations campaign to promote them and their work
- Digital design: experience design, game design, information design/data visualization, interaction design, software design, systems design, etc.
- Graphic design: branding, communication design, identity, packaging design, etc.
- Product design: furniture design, industrial design, lighting design, materials design, transportation design, etc.
- Social design: ecological design, equitable design, inclusive design, service design, sustainable design, etc.
For any questions, contact Shinnie Kim, Vilcek Foundation Chief Program Officer, at [email protected]. The Vilcek Foundation is dedicated to raising awareness of immigrant contributions to the arts and sciences in the United States and fostering appreciation for the arts and sciences.