VCN | About
From Bennington to Newport, Vermont’s creative sector generates 9.3% of all employment, higher than the average across the U.S. These are artists and architects, bakers and brewers, curators and crafters, dancers and designers—any enterprise, organization, and individuals whose products and services are rooted in artistic and creative content.
The Network was established by the Vermont Legislature in May 2016 as an initiative of the Vermont Arts Council. The Network is a broad collective of organizations, businesses, and individuals working to advance Vermont's creative sector.
Vermont Creative Network Structure
- Amy Cunningham, network coordinator and Council deputy director
- Catherine Crawley, communications director
- Desmond Peeples, content manager
- Common Good Vermont
- Downtown Program/Agency of Commerce and Community Development
- Regional Development Corporations/Agency of Commerce and Community Development
- The Ruth and Peter Metz Family Foundation
Thanks to Visual Communication Design students from Champlain College who worked with Community Development and Applied Economics students from the University of Vermont to create the new logo as part of UVM’s Applied Community Planning class in spring 2020. The six colors represent each creative sector zone. Read more about the logo on our blog.