Classified Ad: Request for Proposals | Statewide Study
Posted: May 28, 2019
Category: Everything Else
End Date: June 21, 2019
The Vermont Creative Network seeks proposals for the creation of an economic analysis of and a strategic action plan for Vermont’s creative economy. The completed statewide study and strategic action plan will analyze economic data to define the scope of creative businesses; document the benefits derived from the creative economy; and map next steps and resources required to boost economic growth through the sector.
About the Organization
The Vermont Arts Council undertakes this project in its role as administrator of the Vermont Creative Network (VCN). Established by the legislature in 2016 with seed funds from the state and the Vermont Community Foundation, the VCN is a diverse collective of organizations, businesses and individuals all working to advance the creative sector. Bringing together individual artists, local and regional planners and policymakers, community development professionals, and cultural and nonprofit leaders, the VCN provides a vital shared framework and collective voice for the creative economy. The Arts Council serves as the structural backbone for the VCN, with grassroots local leadership teams based in six creative zones. Both local zone leaders and a statewide steering team are in place and poised to play a leadership role in the project.
- compile and provide an analysis of economic data to define the strength and scope of Vermont’s creative industries on a regional and statewide level
- facilitate a comprehensive stakeholder and community engagement process
- develop a bottom-up and pragmatic strategic action plan for further building the creative economy in a way that creates jobs and economic opportunity for all residents
The project should build on two regional studies of the creative economy of east central Vermont (completed in 2016) and the Northeast Kingdom (released in January 2019). Both studies are available on the Vermont Creative Network website.
Process for Proposal Submission and Evaluation
Please include the following items in the proposal:
- a summary of methodology and approach to the economic analysis and strategic planning process
- suggested timeline, within the bounds of the project begin and end dates (July 1, 2019- April 2020)
- examples of previous work product comparable to this project
Responses to this RFP are due by 5 p.m on June 20, 2019. One electronic (PDF) version should by sent by email to email@example.com.
include cost, ability of the bidder to conduct all aspects of the project in consultation with the Arts Council and community stakeholders, familiarity with the scale of the creative economy in rural settings, and a strong track record with similar economic development/creative economy projects.
It is expected that the consultant will be identified on or before July 1, with the project to begin immediately thereafter. The Vermont Arts Council will be the contracting entity for this project.
Questions concerning this RFP should be directed by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.