Classified Ad: Lyric Theatre Company Executive Director
Posted: January 7, 2019
End Date: February 14, 2019
In this leadership role, you will serve as Executive Director of Lyric Theatre Company (Lyric), responsible for engaging our community, membership, donors, and volunteers in promoting and delivering a community theater experience to 14,000+ attendees a year, while ensuring financial stability and security. Reporting to the Lyric Board of Directors, you will direct and oversee all functions of this non-profit.
• Oversee all day-to-day operational and financial management functions of Lyric, working with appropriate show teams, committees, volunteers, community members and partners and staff to ensure successful productions and programs. Includes supervision of staff, negotiation and execution of contracts, management of Lyric’s resources, maintenance of accounting systems, and preparation of financial reports.
• Work with the Board in evaluating and implementing the overall mission of Lyric and in defining long-term goals and short-term objectives, including Lyric’s annual strategic planning process. Provide administrative leadership for and staff support to the Board and its committees, attend all Board meetings, committee meetings as requested, and perform a wide range of Board liaison functions.
• Lead all Lyric annual development, fundraising, and capital campaign programs and activities, with a focus on increasing the donor and sponsorship base and improving fundraising methods and operating systems. Play a key role in planning and implementing fundraising strategies, securing sponsors and corporate partners, and in soliciting major gifts.
• Oversee general public relations, communication, education, and outreach functions. You will represent Lyric to the general public through speaking engagements, publicity and the development of written informational/promotional materials; and oversee the development of an overall public relations/communications strategy.
• Oversee the maintenance of facilities and equipment, ensuring safety and security of employees and volunteers, as well as the protection of property.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated love of theater, and strong commitment to the mission and goals of Lyric.
• Bachelor’s degree, and five or more years of relevant leadership experience, with a broad base of knowledge and skills in leadership and management of non-profit arts organizations; community theater experience preferred.
• Excellent organizational, fiscal and personnel management, fundraising, community relations skills, and volunteer management skills.
• Experience working with a Board of Directors in a non-profit setting.
• Ability to represent Lyric to a broad range of outside individuals and organizations. Excellent public speaking/presentation skills.
• Excellent computer skills, including facility with Microsoft Office suite of software, Quick-Books, and other organizational management and database tools including website maintenance. Prefer candidates with social media experience.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
ABOUT LYRIC THEATRE
Lyric Theatre Company is a non-profit, volunteer community theater organization located in beautiful Burlington, Vermont. More than 400 people volunteer their time and talent each year both on stage and off for our two MainStage productions performed at the historic Flynn Theatre. The size of our membership together with the size and scope of our bi-annual musicals ranks us as one of the largest amateur theater companies in the United States.
The mission of Lyric Theatre Company is to produce musicals and dramatic performances of professional quality for northern New England. We offer both members and the public opportunities for learning and growth by volunteering within the Lyric organization. As a community institution, we are committed to keeping our productions affordable, offering educational and theatrical activities, sharing resources, and working cooperatively with public and private schools and other community groups.