Vermont Emergency Economic Recovery Grants
Vermont’s H.966 legislation provides economic relief to businesses and organizations using funds Vermont received from the Federal CARES Act.
This support is for eligible Vermont businesses and organizations who have suffered a 50% or greater reduction in revenue due to the COVID-19 public health emergency and economic crisis in a single month from March 1, 2020 to September 1, 2020, as compared to the same period in 2019.
Here’s what it means for Vermont creative sector:
- Every business or nonprofit org will apply using the same portal and process housed at the Agency of Commerce and Community Development’s website.
- That portal opened for applications on Monday, July 6
- The funding will be distributed to eligible applicants on a first-come, first-served basis
- Grant funds must be spent in compliance with restrictions on CARES Act funds.
- As of 8/3/20, businesses with at least one W-2 employee—including owners themselves—are also eligible to apply. Businesses who chose not to apply, or already applied and were deemed ineligible who believe they may be eligible under these new criteria, should contact the Department of Taxes at 802-828-6611 or ACCD at 802-828-1200 to learn more. This update does not affect nonprofit applicants.
Special funding for arts and cultural organizations
There is a special allocation of funding to the Vermont Arts Council for “nonprofit arts and cultural organizations.” Applicants for this funding will apply using the same ACCD application process.
- Eligible organizations must be incorporated as a nonprofit in Vermont.
- “Arts and Cultural Organizations” includes nonprofit organizations whose missions center arts and cultural work for the public. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Art/Craft guilds and councils
- Artist collectives
- Community arts centers
- Cultural attractions
- Dance companies
- Film and literary festivals
- Historic sites
- Libraries and archives
- Museums of all content areas
- Theaters and performing arts venues
- Fiscal agent applications are not eligible.
- K-12 and Higher Education institutions are not eligible.
- For purposes of calculating the 50% or greater reduction in revenue, applicants in this category may not include tax-deductible charitable contributions.
- Organizations that have received a Cultural Relief Grant from the Vermont Arts Council or Vermont Humanities are eligible to apply.