The Vermont Arts Council recently switched to a new grant management system. If you have applied for a grant using our old system, your login credentials will no longer work. All applicants, new and old, must register in this new system using the "Register" link on the portal landing page. All Organization Applicants have to be approved before the applications are visible. Please allow 1-2 business days for approval to occur. If you run into issues with registration or signing in, please send an email to Meredith Bell.
Cultural Facilities Grants help Vermont nonprofit organizations and municipalities enhance, create, or expand the capacity of an existing building to provide cultural activities for the public.
Examples of projects eligible for funding include:
- improvements such as wiring, heating, accessibility features, lighting, and stage improvements
- building improvements, permanent display panels or exhibit cases, permanent infrastructure or fixed equipment
- hazard mitigation efforts such as flood gates, rain gutters, sprinkler systems
It may be helpful to view the list of FY2021 grantees.
This program is one of the seven Building Communities Grant Programs funded through the State of Vermont Capital Appropriations Budget. The other programs are:
- Agricultural Fairs Capital Projects Grants
- Historic Preservation Grants
- Historic Barn Preservation Grants
- Human Services and Educational Facilities Grants
- Recreational Facilities Grants
- Regional Economic Development Grants
Contact Michele Bailey prior to preparing your application to assure that your project is eligible for funding consideration.
The Council accepts grant applications via an online form. If you require an alternate format or assistance to access the application, please contact the grant program manager listed above or Michele Bailey, accessibility coordinator by email or at 802.402.4614. Voice and relay calls welcome.