Cultural Facilities Grants help Vermont nonprofit organizations and municipalities enhance, create, or expand the capacity of an existing building to provide cultural activities for the public.
Examples of projects eligible for funding include:
- improvements such as wiring, heating, accessibility features, lighting, and stage improvements
- building improvements, permanent display panels or exhibit cases, permanent infrastructure or fixed equipment
- hazard mitigation efforts such as flood gates, rain gutters, sprinkler systems
It may be helpful to view the list of FY2021 grantees.
This program is one of the five Building Communities Grant Programs funded through the State of Vermont Capital Appropriations Budget. The other programs are:
- Agricultural Fairs Capital Projects Grants
- Historic Preservation Grants
- Historic Barn and Agricultural Buildings Grants
- Human Services and Educational Facilities Grants
Contact Michele Bailey prior to preparing your application to assure that your project is eligible for funding consideration.
The Council accepts grant applications via an online form. If you require an alternate format or assistance to access the application, please contact the grant program manager listed above or Michele Bailey, accessibility coordinator by email or at 802.402.4614. Voice and relay calls welcome.