Artist Development Grants support Vermont artists at all stages of their careers. Grants can fund activities that enhance mastery of an artist’s craft or skills or that increase the viability of an artist’s business. Funding may also support aspects of the creation of new work when the activity allows the grantee to accept a rare and important opportunity.
Eligible expenses for such activities include, but are not limited to:
- advanced study of technique or practice with a mentor
- attending a professional conference to build business or artistic skills or knowledge
- contracting professional services including photographic documentation of work, contract preparation or business incorporation, creation of accounting systems, developing e-commerce on a website, creation of marketing materials, etc.
- marketing, planning, purchasing some materials, or renting studio space (outside of your own home) to create new exhibitions or performances
- travel within the United States
For examples of previously funded projects, see our list of FY24 grantees.
Artist Development Grants are supported in part by the Vermont Community Foundation and generous private donors.
Have a question that wasn’t answered in the
guidelines and materials below? Contact:
Application and Deadline
The program is currently closed for applications. A new round will open in July with a deadline in September. Announcements will be made in ArtMail – click here to subscribe.
Have an opportunity for an exceptional opportunity or urgent need that falls outside of our grant timeline? Email Dominique Gustin to discuss.
Guidelines and Materials
Video Tips and Tutorials
Grantees may click here to log into the grant portal and complete their final report.
The Council accepts grant applications via an online form. If you require an alternate format or assistance to access the application, please contact the grant program manager listed above or Michele Bailey, accessibility coordinator by email or at 802.402.4614. Voice and relay calls welcome.