The Arts Council has opened an additional round of Artist Development Grants to help artists as they adapt and respond to the current COVID-19 crisis. Grants can fund activities that enhance mastery of an artist’s craft or skills; or activities that increase the viability of an artist's business.
Examples of eligible activities include:
- advanced study of technique or practice with a mentor
- attending a professional conference to build business or artistic skills or knowledge
- contracting professional services including photographic documentation of work, contract preparation or business incorporation, creation of accounting systems, developing e-commerce on a website, creation of marketing materials, etc.
- marketing, planning, purchasing some materials, or renting space for new exhibitions or performances
- travel within the United States
For other examples of fundable projects, look at this list of recent grantees.