The Vermont Arts Council changed grant management systems in early 2021. If you have applied for a grant using our old system, your login credentials will no longer work. All applicants, new and old, must register in this new system using the "Register" link on the portal landing page. If you have questions or problems with registration or signing in, please send an email to Meredith Bell.
Artist Development Grants support artists at all stages of their careers. Grants can fund activities that enhance mastery of an artist’s craft or skills or that increase the viability of an artist's business. Funding may also support aspects of the creation of new work when the activity allows the grantee to accept a rare and important opportunity.
Eligible expenses for such activities include, but are not limited to:
- advanced study of technique or practice with a mentor
- attending a professional conference to build business or artistic skills or knowledge
- contracting professional services including photographic documentation of work, contract preparation or business incorporation, creation of accounting systems, developing e-commerce on a website, creation of marketing materials, etc.
- marketing, planning, purchasing some materials, or renting studio space (outside of your own home) to create new exhibitions or performances
- travel within the United States
For examples of previously funded projects, see our list of FY2022 grantees.
Thanks to the generous support of an anonymous donor, we are able to increase the maximum grant amount this year to $2,000.
The Council accepts grant applications via an online form. If you require an alternate format or assistance to access the application, please contact the grant program manager listed above or Michele Bailey, accessibility coordinator by email or at 802.402.4614. Voice and relay calls welcome.