Artist Development Grants support artists at all stages of their careers. Grants can fund activities that enhance mastery of an artist’s craft or skills or activities that increase the viability of an artist's business. Funding may also support aspects of the creation of new work when the activity allows the grantee to accept a rare and important opportunity.
Examples of eligible activities include:
- advanced study of technique or practice with a mentor
- attending a professional conference to build business or artistic skills or knowledge
- contracting professional services including photographic documentation of work, contract preparation or business incorporation, creation of accounting systems, developing e-commerce on a website, creation of marketing materials, etc.
- marketing, planning, purchasing some materials, or renting space for new exhibitions or performances
- travel within the United States
For other examples of fundable projects, look at this list of recent grantees.