Vermont Arts Council

How to Get Your Unique Entity ID

On April 4, 2022, the federal government transitioned from the use of DUNS Numbers to a new Unique Entity ID (UEI). All organizations applying for funding are required to have a UEI. This ID is a 12-character alphanumeric value assigned, managed, and owned by the federal government through

We encourage all organizations who currently receive funding, have received funding in the past, and are planning to apply for future funding to request a Unique Entity ID. Getting a UEI is 100% free. You can get a Unique Entity ID for your organization without having to complete a full entity registration.

Refer to this video to help you request your UEI. We are aware of delays in ticket processing for UEI requests on

Questions? Send an email to Meredith Bell or call her at 802.402.4478.

admin-place February 9, 2022