- This event has passed.
Barre: Art for our Rivers
February 17 at 12:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
People of all ages will be able to choose a recycled bottle cap and its place on the arch to create an image representing the river trail at Rotary Park.
Date: Saturday, February 17th 2024
Time: 12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m.
Place: Rotary Park, 45 Parkside Terrace Barre, VT 05641
Join us in collecting bottle caps around Barre to create a colorful arch that will be a beacon for the trail’s entrance. Once bottle caps are collected, we will hold an event to build the arch in the park. People of all ages will be able to choose a bottle cap and its place on the arch to create an image representing the river itself.
In addition to assisting in creating the sculpture, attendees will be able to:
– View entertainment
– Learn from conservation partners about rivers and our natural resources
– Enjoy refreshments from local businesses.
– Gather with people in the community
– Don’t worry about being chilly, we will have warming devices to keep you nice and toasty!
This is also an opportunity to enjoy the outdoors over the winter when it’s always a little more difficult to get outside.
If you plan to attend the event, please fill out the sign-up form on our website so that we know how many people to expect!
If you would like to volunteer to help make this event possible, we will need people to fill the following roles:
– Snow shovelers (before the event)
– Set up
– Fire stokers (with fire department approval)
– Parking managers
– Bottlecap monitors
– Food station managers
– Drill operators
– Bottlecap sorters and cleaners (a few days before the event)
– Clean up
If you choose to volunteer in the sign-up form on our website, Addie will email you to discuss what would be the best fit.