The Creative Sector Response and Recovery
The creative sector, which provides 9% of Vermont’s jobs, is essential for Vermont’s economic recovery. The Vermont Arts Council and the Vermont Creative Network are committed to helping the creative sector get connected to the right resources for a safe and responsible re-opening and to having its voices be heard at the state level and with policymakers.
The Creative Sector Recovery Team, convened by the Vermont Creative Network in response to the Covid-19 outbreak, provides guidance to state officials and Governor’s Economic Mitigation and Recovery Task Force to ensure that the needs and assets of the creative sector are considered and included as they create strategies for the reopening and recovery of Vermont’s economy.
- Jennifer Carlo, director, Circus Smirkus
- Thomas Deneberg, director, Shelburne Museum
- Mark Foley, Rutland Economic Development Corp.
- Jody Fried, director, Catamount Arts; chair, Vermont Creative Network
- Jarvis Green, artistic director, JAG Productions
- Meg Hammond, director, Generator Makerspace
- Christopher Kaufman Ilstrup, director, Vermont Humanities
- Doreen Kraft, director, Burlington City Arts
- Karen Mittelman, director, Vermont Arts Council
- Stephen Perkins, director, Vermont Historical Society
- Vera Longtoe Sheehan, Elnu Abenaki Tribe; director, Vermont Abenaki Artists Association
- Greg Worden, owner, Vermont Artisan Designs
Bookmark this page for future events from the Vermont Arts Council and the Vermont Creative Network about how the Vermont arts, culture and creative sector can contribute to and assist in Vermont’s re-opening. For specific Covid-19 resources including emergency relief funding opportunities, click here.
If you're interested in learning about future Creative Sector Response and Recovery events, subscribe here.
- The Chittenden County zone of the Vermont Creative Network will hold a virtual social event for creatives at 6 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 13. More information on our Facebook event.
No current advocacy campaigns at this time. Please check back soon, and visit our Action Center for past campaigns.
The Vermont Arts Council held virtual office hours on July 6-7, to help creative sector businesses and organizations with the Vermont Emergency Economic Recovery Grants
Reopening guidelines from the Vermont Arts Council, the Vermont Creative Network and Vermont Creative Sector Response and Recovery Team.