Vermont Studio Center Office Manager
VSC’s Office Manager is the first point of contact for the organization and the first job is to greet incoming and current residents, applicants, alumni, donors, and interested public as they contact VSC, offering friendly, effective interpersonal and written communication.
The Office Manager manages phone and digital inquiries, US mail, Fed-Ex and UPS. In addition, they assist with the arrival of guests for the Development office, Finance office, and Executive Director’s office and perform general office duties as needed.
This position is responsible for many clerical tasks to ensure that staff can communicate and work efficiently.
- Understanding of and appreciation for VSC’s mission and the capacity to communicate that mission in all communication.
- Excellent people skills, able to set a positive tone for the office and provide the face of the Vermont Studio Center. Able to communicate in a clear and friendly manner with the phone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from applicants and incoming/current residents. Able to listen to questions, communicate clearly and professionally, share appropriate information. Interpersonal skills are a strength as are the ability to work as part of a team with varying communication styles.
- Fluent with a variety of technologies and tools, particularly:
- Database/CRM software (Salesforce or similar)
- Online Application Software (SlideRoom or similar)
- Standard office applications including MS Office, etc.
- Ability to learn other digital systems/programs as needed.
- Stellar organizational skills including office supply management and juggling competing needs of multiple departments.
- Strong time management skills, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to operate general office equipment including printers, copier/scanners, and postage meter.
- Attention to detail while working within a busy office environment.
- Oversee VSC’s main office incoming telephone line, field questions, provide information and forward calls appropriately.
- Respond to e-mail inquiries, update Salesforce database.
- Assist residents with inquiries and needs and connect them to appropriate resources or staff.
- Pick up, sort, and distribute mail daily, following protocol established by each department. Scan bills to invoicing software. Process donations and assist in timely generation of recognition letters.
- Prepare outgoing mail for the post office, Manage FedEx, UPS incoming/outgoing.
- Handle insurance certificates, outgoing and incoming (subcontractor).
- Post calendar of public and private events both internally, for staff reference, and externally on regional and national digital calendars and the VSC Website
- Manage and order office supplies within the budget and assist each department as needed.
- Facilitate Meeting scheduling, provide meeting support and ensure office upkeep.
- Support human resources with maintenance of employee records, time gathering, and management of employee expense reimbursement process. Assist in the onboarding process by assembling packets and handling health, dental, and vision insurance enrollment.
- Support Resident Arrivals and Departures with Program and Admissions staff–
- Prepare arrival packets, keys, and paperwork: produce calendars, and directories.
- Track the status of incoming residents’ special needs accommodation requests.
- Coordinate team scheduling including VSC vehicle use, special needs, and early arrival requests.
- Support the Board of Directors by assembling the Board Book for quarterly meetings and taking minutes at each.
- Uplift and center equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging in all VSC messaging and communications.
- Performs other duties as the Executive Director may deem necessary.
Eagerness to participate in VSC’s diverse community and think creatively and hospitably on behalf of VSC and the artists and writers it supports is an essential part of the position.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Evidence of relevant commensurate experience. All candidates must possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record. This position requires the ability to lift 35 pounds and occasional evening and weekend hours as events, arrivals, and departures warrant.
COMPENSATION, AND APPLICATION PROCESS
The range of compensation for this position is $40-50K, as well as comprehensive employee benefits that include health, vision, and dental insurance; a 401K plan; and studio space on campus. Applicants should email a cover letter outlining relevant experience and interest and a professional resume/CV to [email protected] with subject line: Office Manager. No phone calls, please.