Vermont Jazz Center Events and Office Manager
The Vermont Jazz Center Events and Office Manager ensures the smooth operation of the organization through office management, bookkeeping, managing publicity, reporting, and coordination of concerts and educational functions. The work is largely self-directed but requires active collaboration with the Director and regular reporting to the Board. This is a part-time, benefitted position with a flexible schedule requiring some evenings and weekends. The position has the potential to grow in scope and paid hours over time, particularly in the areas of financial management and publicity/outreach.
Concerts, Festivals, and Education:
- Coordinate, plan, and help produce concert, festival, and educational events, including an intensive, week-long summer workshop, in conjunction with other staff members.
- Tasks involved include paperwork, promotion, hospitality, and event set-up and break down.
- Coordinate outreach including advertising, maintaining the website, and social media.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the physical VJC site located in Brattleboro, Vermont
- Administrate office protocols and planning activities in conjunction with the board and other staff members
- Regularly maintain and update the VJC website (on WordPress)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Organization, accounting, communication.
- Excellent people skills
- MS Office Suite, Google Drive and other computer skills
- Event planning
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Management of a non-profit organization, preferably in the arts
- Quickbooks, WordPress, NeonCRM, Vimeo preferred
Please send a letter of interest and resume, including the contact information of two to three professional references, to [email protected]. Position available until filled.