Northern Stage General Manager
The General Manager sits on the senior management team at Northern Stage, reporting directly to the Managing Director, and serves as an administrative leader to the staff. Alongside the Managing Director, the GM facilitates contract negotiations, manages relationships with the various unions and with the League of Resident Theatres (LORT), and plays a leading role in the institutional budgeting process. This position oversees the Finance, Administrative, HR, Facilities, and Company Management departments.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
– Work with the Managing Director and with leadership in all departments to establish and oversee the annual company budget. Provide departmental and overall cash flow management, projections and regular monitoring in collaboration with department heads.
– Coordinate and approve payroll for all Northern Stage Employees/Contractors.
– Oversee QB record-keeping, executed by CPA and Finance/Admin Consultant. Review income and approve outgoing payments, acting as main contact and primary signer for NS bank accounts.
– Work with MD to prepare financial reports in accordance with Board needs, including budget-to-actual income and expense, projected year end results, liquidity reports, and balance sheets.
– Act as main point of contact with Northern Stage’s auditors, facilitating quarterly/annual audit needs.
– Oversee the obtaining of rights for all proposed programming. Negotiate and draft all production- related agreements including commissions, licensing agreements, and co-production agreements.
– Oversee contract negotiations for all staff and visiting artists, and approve/finalize all contract drafts.
– Alongside MD and Director of Production, act as a company liaison with the theatrical unions (SDC, USA, AEA, and SAG) and with the League of Resident Theatres (LORT), staying current with LORT bargaining agreements and ensuring that all union paperwork is properly filed.
– Hire and oversee the Associate General Manager/HR Liaison, Company Manager, Finance/Admin Consultant, and other miscellaneous positions as needed. Evaluate staff members on a seasonal basis.
– Oversee maintenance of NS’s annual housing matrix, google calendars, google drive, and email platform. Oversee coordination of full company orientation and other internal events.
– Manage NS’s annual insurance and benefits policies and act as primary point of contact with vendors.
– Oversee IT contractors, and ensure that IT inventory, systems and processes are up-to-date.
– Serve as a member of Northern Stage’s senior management team, supporting, informing, and executing overall organizational strategy and tactics, and attending Board and senior staff meetings.
– Upkeep the NS Covid health & safety plan, ensuring that it adheres to state, union, and CDC guidelines and is being adhered to by all visiting artists and staff. Act as liaison with medical partners, oversee testing coordination as needed, and assign/oversee COVID Safety Officers.
Job Type: Full time
Contract Dates: Start date flexible. Ideal start ASAP
Compensation: $57,000-$60,000 annually, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Dental, vision, life insurance, accident insurance, health coverage, PTO, and relocation
How to apply: Submit resume, cover letter, and three professional references, attn: Jason Smoller, via Submittable. https://northernstage.submittable.com/submit/241056/general-manager
We believe the most important and impactful art is made when we consider and commit to inclusion, diversity, equity and access both on and off of our stage. We highly encourage folks who are Black, Native or Indigenous, People of Color, Queer or Trans, Poor or Working Class, Disabled, Young, Elderly, and/or who speak English as a second language to apply. To learn more about Northern Stage, please visit our website: www.northernstage.org. No phone calls please.