Northern Stage – Education Associate
Northern Stage in White River Junction, VT seeks an enthusiastic and highly-motivated Education Associate for its 2023-2024 season. Northern Stage is a LORT-D 240 seat regional theater, producing extensive educational programs alongside year-round mainstage productions. Northern Stage offers education programs for 1st-12th grade students from Vermont and New Hampshire, including Youth Ensemble Studio (YES), YES Next Stage, YES Jr., YES Kids, BridgeUP: Theater in the Schools, and our Summer Musical Theater Intensive. The Associate Director of Education reports directly to the Director of Education and works closely with the Assistant Director of Education. This position has a hand in all aspects of the education programs, including the hiring of teaching artists, guest directors and guest designers, interfacing with program participants and their families, and planning the season programming. This thriving education program has dedicated students and is beloved by the community. We are looking for a highly-collaborative, playful, and passionate team member to share their love of theater with the next generation in our community.
– Co-Direct Youth Ensemble Studio Jr. with Assistant Director of Education
– Assist on the Boot Camp and YES Next Stage programs, including monologue coaching, prescreen filming, and student mentorship.
– Serve as an in-school teaching artist or stage manager for BridgeUp: Theater in the Schools.
– Provide Director of Education with admin support including scheduling, data management, script maintenance and reserving rehearsal space.
– Assist in facilitating events, workshops, Youth Ensemble Studio Main Stage Days, and YES Next Stage.
– Help facilitate auditions and prepare audition materials for education productions.
– Assistant on all Youth Ensemble Studio shows, roles to be decided based on candidate interest
– Collaborate with other departments (artistic, sales + marketing, finance, production, devo).
– College degree or at least 1 year experience in theater education.
– Enjoy working with children of all ages.
– Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
– Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
– Ability to maintain grace under pressure and to keep up a positive attitude.
Contract Dates: As Soon As Possible – 05/29/24
Compensation: $37,000 yearly salary. This is a full time, year round position. Contract renewal available for May 29, 2024 and beyond.
Benefits: Dental and Vision benefits, opt-in 403(b), paid time off, and other benefits. Subsidized housing available for rent through Northern Stage depending on availability.
Job Type: Full Time. Due to the nature of working in the theater, expect to work nights and weekends as rehearsals and performances require. Due to the nature of this position’s work with minors, a background check will be part of the hiring process.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit cover letter, resume, and two professional references to Robert David Grant, Director of Education, via Submittable.