The Current, a non-profit center for contemporary art located in Stowe, VT, is hiring for a
part-time Marketing Associate. We are one of the region’s primary contemporary art
exhibition and education resources, offering a range of dynamic programming that asserts
the value of art by engaging visitors, members, students, volunteers, creators, and patrons.
We seek an organized team player who values customer service and has a passion for the
organization to join our collaborative work environment.
Summary of Position
The Marketing Associate is charged with implementing The Current’s marketing strategic
plan. This position will fulfill strategic marketing objectives, including increasing overall
brand awareness, defining audience groups and developing insights, driving yield from local
audiences, and increasing focus on national recognition of The Current.
We are committed to creating a supportive work environment defined by a culture of
responsibility, integrity, and inclusion, and strongly encourage members of the BIPOC
community, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Follow, manage, and implement tactics in the Strategic Marketing Plan
● Organize and maintain a marketing calendar
● Produce press releases for all exhibitions and events
● Develop and execute promotional and marketing plans for exhibitions, events,
classes, camps, and workshops in collaboration with department management.
● Manage, create, and update digital platforms with the current strategies and trends
for marketing for the following: social media, online profiles, Google and Yelp
reviews, analytics, e-newsletters, and Front Porch Forum.
● Respond articulately to marketing-related inquiries and help schedule press tours
and interviews with the Executive Director or other Staff.
● Maintain an ongoing photo and video asset punch list, secure approvals for images
used in marketing, including coordination of photo rights, and organize archived
materials clearly and consistently. ● Other marketing/communications-related tasks as needed.
This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with all team members,
and in coordination with the Graphic Designer, Youth Education Manager, Gallery Educator +
Manager, and Registrar. This part-time position requires 16-20 hours. Occasional evening
and weekend hours may be required. Compensation is an hourly starting rate of $22.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
1. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, or a related degree preferred
2. 2+ years experience with marketing and design, including prior experience with
creating marketing campaigns/strategies and social media content.
3. Excellent attention to branding and ability to adhere to The Current’s design
aesthetic and voice.
4. Proficient in digital camera usage, photo composition, and video capture.
5. Demonstrated ability to work within deadlines, construct timelines, and manage
multiple projects simultaneously.
6. Ability to work independently while also serving as a team player
7. Proficient in computer skills and experience with Macs, Google Cloud, Google Suite
(Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs & Sheets) and Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
8. Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to set priorities
and limits to accomplish tasks, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities.
9. The ability to work independently, multi-task, maintain good spirit and humor under
deadlines, and participate as an effective team member.
10. Excellent written, visual, and verbal communication and interpersonal skills working
with colleagues, students, parents/guardians, teaching artists, and the general
11. High degree of personal and professional integrity and the ability to treat sensitive
information with the highest degree of confidentiality. Ability to exercise sound
judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public, board, staff, and affiliates of
We value teamwork and collaboration; active listening; open, respectful, and clear communication.
Each of us is responsible for our own words, actions, and results.
We act with uncompromising commitment, honesty, integrity, respect, and trust in all we do.
We are inspiring and inspired by the quality and excellence of our work and the honesty of
We celebrate participation, partnership, and collaboration. We value inclusion and
engagement with the community.
We recognize and respect that we all have different experiences, backgrounds,
perspectives, and opinions and we can learn from each other; we value diversity and equity.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The Current is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all ethnic,
racial, and religious backgrounds to apply. The Current employees are selected on the basis
of ability without regard to age; (dis)ability; ethnicity; faith or religious belief; family, marital
or parental status; gender identity; language; national origin; political perspective; race; sex;
or sexual orientation.
See thecurrentnow.org/opportunities for application instructions.