Vermont Studio Center
The Grant Manager is a member of Vermont Studio Center’s (VSC) growing development team and reporting to the Director of Development. A highly collaborative professional, the manager will have the primary responsibility for the full cycle of VSC’s fundraising with foundations and government entities. The manager drafts grant proposals, researches, and identifies new grant makers, maintains the grants activity calendar, and ensures compliance with foundation guidelines and reporting. This position will work with development team members to maintain data entry policies and procedures to foster consistency and quality of records management to further VSC’s philanthropic strategy.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
– Research, develop, and write inquiries, letters, proposals, and other fundraising documents.
– Initiate and write foundation proposals.
– Work with the Development Office to create strategy to strengthen grant support for VSC.
– Assist in the identification and research of prospective foundations.
– Utilize assistance of development staff and program managers as appropriate.
– Participate (with Development Director) in the cultivation of potential foundation partners.
– Tracks foundation-related contacts in VSC’s donor database.
– Track and monitor proposals, deadlines, and requirements.
– Develop and maintain tracking system for grant, renewal, and report deadlines.
– Work in conjunction with fiscal & program staff to ensure that grants are recorded & utilized appropriately.
– Create and oversee stewardship reporting and schedules.
– Oversee all reporting tied to grant funding data needed for board reports and leadership meetings.
– Uplift and center equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging in all VSC messaging and images.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– Minimum two years of grant writing and management experience.
– Strong analytical and decision-making capability, working individually and with a team to achieve institutional goals.
– Excellent written and oral communications skills.
– Flexibility to support VSC business on evenings and weekends as needed.
EDUCATION, COMPENSATION, AND APPLICATION PROCESS
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The range of compensation for this position is $60 – $62K, as well as comprehensive employee benefits that include health, vision, and dental insurance; a 401K plan; and studio space on campus.
Work arrangements can be flexible and will be discussed with the final candidate.
To apply, please submit a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and a current resume to [email protected]. Please state the job title in the subject line.
Application deadline is April 21st.
For complete job description: https://vermontstudiocenter.org/jobs-at-vsc