Summary of Position
This position is responsible for gallery management and operations to support the ambitious
exhibitions at The Current. The role requires the ability to work with extreme accuracy and
efficiency, a high degree of dependability and professionalism, expertise in customer service,
strong knowledge of curriculum design, office and design fundamentals, physical ability to lift
objects up to 40 lbs, maintain good spirit and humor under pressure, and trustworthiness.
We are committed to creating a supportive work environment defined by a culture of
responsibility, integrity, and inclusion, and strongly encourage members of the BIPOC
community, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Manage and maintain the physical gallery space, including Art Lounge and Design Store
● Serve as a welcoming presence and face of the organization as gallery greeter
● Provide exhibition support and conduct scholarly research
● Organize school, group, and private tours
● Supervise undergraduate gallery interns
● Provide marketing and promotional support for the exhibitions + public programming
● Curate the annual Members’ Art Show
● Organization and administration of all exhibitions
● All registrar work including:
○ Contracts for exhibiting artists and galleries
○ Organize, plan, and facilitate all art handling
○ Documentation + condition reports
● Lead exhibition preparator
○ Indoor and outdoor exhibition space preparation
○ Exhibition installation and deinstallation (indoor and outdoor)
○ Organizing other professionals to assist in installation/deinstallation including
crane operators, riggers, landscapers, etc.
The above duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed in
this job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and
responsibilities by employees so classified.
See thecurrentnow.org/opportunities for application instructions.