Development Associate at Spruce Peak Arts
Spruce Peak Arts is seeking a mission-driven, enthusiastic, resourceful, database- and customer service-savvy individual with strong writing skills and an interest in learning about all aspects of fundraising to join our growing development team.
As a key member of a lean fundraising team, the Development Associate reports to the Director of Development and will take the lead on maintaining the accuracy of the donor database, overseeing the organization’s gift entry and acknowledgement process, researching donor prospects for annual and major giving, supporting the planning and execution of institution-wide fundraising and stewardship events, and researching and drafting proposals for relevant grant opportunities.
This role implements strategies to engage current and prospective donors and implements best practices to optimize Spruce Peak Art’s internal database. With an eye towards supporting both institutional and individual giving, the ideal candidate will demonstrate strong writing skills and facility with securing grants from local and national funders from conception to stewardship.
A team player and a self-starter, the Development Associate is able to support or jump into new projects quickly, think creatively, and manage day-to-day tasks to meet near- and long-term goals. The ideal candidate is a keen writer, resourceful, detail-oriented, and an efficient multi-tasker, with demonstrated project management and communications skills. The Development Associate works collaboratively with all members of the Spruce Peak Arts team.
The Development Associate will work with the Director of Development to meet or exceed annual revenue targets. Participates in the creation, planning, and implementation of new and existing strategies.
• Regularly reconcile donations, pledges and financial records with the Finance office. Assume quality control functions to ensure that gifts have been entered and allocated appropriately.
• Monitors general development email and voicemail.
• Maintains all accounts and postage, scans and files all correspondence generated by the Development Team.
• Responsible for drafting, revising, mailing, and tracking effective acknowledgement letters, proposals, visit briefings, presentations, reports, pledge agreements and reminders, and donor correspondence.
• Supports the work of the Director of Development by assisting with the creation of welcome materials for new members.
• With support from Director of Development, devises strategies for member engagement and retention, including: renewal letters, benefit management, staffing a lobby membership desk, and planning member appreciation events.
• Participates in relationship-building with donors, patrons, and guests as appropriate.
• Create, run and ensure accuracy of weekly and monthly reports.
• Manage prospect research tools including serving as the admin for iWave; research donor prospects and make qualified suggestions for new annual fund and special campaign prospects.
• Project manage donor and membership-focused events. Oversee the mailings, registration, logistics, volunteer management, tracking attendees and reporting as it relates to fundraising and membership objectives.
• Develop a strong proficiency in our donor database, Patron Manager (a Salesforce application), to become a primary resource for any database questions or requests, including improving procedures for donor strategy and report creation.
• Through it all you must:
o Be an effective and enthusiastic first point of contact for the organization in person, on the phone, and via email.
o Maintain a positive demeanor in a fast-paced work environment with both internal and external stressors
This is a full-time, 40-hour/week, salaried position, with evening and weekend hours dependent on event and performance schedules. Spruce Peak Arts offers a competitive salary and benefits. Starting salary range is $40,000 to $45,000 based on experience. Approximately 50% of work can be accomplished remotely if coordinated in advance with the Director of Development.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter to Katya Luchanskaya, Director of Development, via email ([email protected]) with subject line: Development Associate Application. No phone calls please.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY We strongly support equal employment opportunities for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.