Vermont. Arts. Everywhere.
Vermont Arts 2015 is well under way! There are currently more than a hundred events in the Vermont Arts Calendar with many more to come. Whether you’re interested in the Vermont Symphony Orchestra’s Masterworks series at the Flynn, Vermont Vaudeville’s show in the Hardwick Town House, or the Bennington Museum’s new exhibit, you are sure to find something to enjoy. One ArtMail reader exclaimed, “Everywhere I look, I see a chance to be involved in the Arts!” Another said, “I love the dynamic arts community and opportunity to see incredible performances and exhibits. There always seems to be something interesting going on in this state of the arts!”
Agreed! We had many other similar responses when we posed the question:
- There is always something fun and art centered happening every weekend throughout the state. In addition, the local artists, musicians, writers and actors are present in their communities and often times are making a difference within the area in which they live. Whether it be painting community murals, teaching workshops or leading artist residencies in the schools, the artists of VT are everywhere! —Chester
- Creativity is honored and nurtured in Vermont! —Waterbury Center
- Whether theatrical, musical, visual or dance, Vermont arts are practiced with the heart of someone who is sure their contribution is appreciated.
- Energy, creativity, connection! —Middlebury
- I really love, most of all, how accessible the arts are to Vermonters. There’s so much for every taste! —Essex Junction
- It is abundant. —Manchester Center
- How awesome everyone supports the artists in the Mad River Valley!
- In Vermont, I’m never starved for arts experiences because there are so many events from which to choose – lots of variety and top notch performers.
- I love the spectacular variety of arts in Vermont.
- They are always there for me.
- Artists are encouraged and celebrated by their local communities. –Hartland
- It’s everywhere I look! –Pawlet
- Is the many, many opportunities for the youngest citizens to participate in arts all over the state! I love nothing more than watching children engage in creating and exploring art in museums, in schools and in places like malls and libraries! –Jeffersonville
- The incredible diversity. –Highgate Center
- You can meet a new artist every day! –Brattleboro
- Such a diversity of arts events in a small state! It’s inspiring and encouraging. I live part time in the SF Bay Area and part-time in Southern Vermont (eventually full-time in VT), and I am so excited to be part of such a lively arts community! Can’t wait.
- They are truly visible and participated in community wide.
- Walk down Main Street – find an artists’ co-op. Hang out on the village green – listen to the town Band concert. Drive down a country road – spot a sculpture. Visit a farmer’s market – buy straight from the hands that shaped the pot. Take a class – create art yourself! –Bristol
- I love the dynamic arts community and opportunity to see incredible performances and exhibits. There always seems to be something interesting going on in this state of the arts! –Charlotte
- The arts get me out and moving around this beautiful state! –Richford
- The arts are abundant and accessible. –Brattleboro
Now tell us what you love, and we’ll be happy to send a Vermont Arts 2015 sticker for your car (or bike, or window, or…). Once you share your comment on this page, send your mailing address to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Your sticker will be on the way!