Grant Seeker Workshops for FY2021
Are you thinking about applying for an FY2021 Arts Council grant? Attend a workshop between February 24 and March 10.
Designed for both new and experienced grant writers, these free workshops focus on Council grant programs opening for application in February: Artist Development and Creation Grants for artists; Arts Impact and Arts Partnership Grants for organizations, municipalities, and schools. Participants will gain an understanding of program guidelines, learn how to construct a competitive application, and have the opportunity to meet and ask questions of Council staff—Meredith Bell, Amy Cunningham, and Dominique Gustin.
About the Programs
- Artist Development Grants can fund activities that enhance mastery of an artist’s craft or skills or activities that increase the viability of an artist’s business. Application deadline: May 4, 2020
- Creation Grants support the creation of new work by Vermont artists. These grants can fund time, materials, or space rental for artists and artist groups. Application deadline: April 13, 2020
- Arts Impact Grants support organizations, municipalities, and schools in their efforts to create a more vibrant quality of life by providing equal and abundant access to the arts. Application deadline: May 1, 2020
- Arts Partnership Grants support work through organizations that moves toward a common outcome: that all people in Vermont have access to the arts and creativity in their lives, education, and communities. Application deadline: May 15, 2020
All workshops are 1-3 p.m. Artists interested in Creation and Artist Development Grants should attend from 1-2 p.m.; administrators interested in Arts Partnership and Arts Impact Grants from 2-3 p.m. Anyone is welcome to attend the entire two hours.
- Monday, February 24 at Bennington Museum | 75 Main St., Bennington | 1-3 p.m.
- Friday, February 28 at Vermont Studio Center | 80 Pearl St., Johnson | 1-3 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 4 at Northern Stage | 74 Gates St., White River Junction | 1-3 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 10 at Vermont Arts Council (and via Zoom) | Montpelier | 1-3 p.m.
Let us know by February 19 if you are planning to attend any workshop.
All workshop locations are physically accessible for participants who use wheelchairs or other mobility aids, and those who prefer not to use stairs. Contact Michele Bailey, 504/ADA coordinator, with any questions. She can be reached by sending Michele an email or by calling 802.828.3294. (Voice and relay calls welcome.) We will make every effort to honor requests for specific accommodations made two weeks in advance of the workshop you wish to attend.