Classified Ad: Finance Assistant | Vermont Arts Council
Posted: March 9, 2018
Category: Job Postings
End Date: March 26, 2018
The Vermont Arts Council, an independent nonprofit statewide organization based in Montpelier, seeks a part-time, experienced finance assistant to be responsible for all aspects of day-to-day bookkeeping/accounting processes.
About the Arts Council
Since 1965, the Vermont Arts Council has been the state’s primary funder and advocate for the arts and cultural experiences throughout the state. We envision a Vermont where everyone has access to the arts and creativity in their life, education, and community. Additionally, we seek to assure and strengthen our financial sustainability.
Working closely with director of finance, administrative staff, and program staff as needed, the finance assistant ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timely entry of all financial transactions into IntAcct (fund) accounting software and in accordance with GAAP.
• processing and paying all invoices in a timely manner
• posting all organizational revenue
• monitoring and processing monthly payroll activities of third-party payroll service provider
• managing employee time-tracking process, utilizing time-tracking tool (Excel), and extracting data to make appropriate payroll entries for financial and grant reporting
• processing monthly journal entries (prepaid expense, deferred revenue, payroll accruals)
• reporting annual 1099 data for grantees and vendors
• assisting with preparation of monthly financial reports, both standard financial reports and grant-specific financial reports
• assisting with preparation of year-end audit and IRS 990 filing
• maintaining the organization’s fixed asset inventory list
• maintaining accounting procedures and policies, ensuring proper internal controls
• maintaining financial records and files
• Accounting degree or equivalent work experience
• Three-five years’ work experience in a bookkeeping/accounting function
• Experience working in nonprofit multi-fund accounting software. Experience tracking and reporting financial data for grant funders a plus
• Strong skills with Excel and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and problem solving are all critical skills for success in this role
• Commitment to the mission of cultivating and advancing the arts and creativity throughout Vermont
This is a part-time, 24-28 hours/week position, with a flexible work schedule. Compensation will be competitive and based on experience.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until March 25, 2018, although interviews may begin earlier. Please send a C.V., cover letter and the names of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “ATTN: Finance Office” in the subject line.
The Vermont Arts Council is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining an environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic bias, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or other category protected by applicable state or federal law.