Classified Ad: BMAC is hiring an Office Manager
Posted: January 12, 2018
Category: Job Postings
End Date: January 31, 2018
Brattleboro Museum & Art Center (BMAC), an Equal Opportunity Employer, seeks a talented, highly efficient, multi-tasking, detail oriented, professional “people person” to become our new full-time Office Manager.
The Office Manager is responsible for the smooth functioning of BMAC’s administrative office and systems. In addition to providing general administrative support to BMAC’s 6-8 other staff members, curators, and independent contractors, some specific responsibilities include:
* maintaining BMAC’s office equipment and systems, computer network, and email accounts;
* serving as primary point-of-contact for office- and building-related vendors;
* organizing and maintaining BMAC’s electronic and hard-copy administrative files and archives;
* ordering and maintaining office and general building supplies;
* processing event registrations and inquiries;
* preparing agendas for and coordinating follow-up to weekly staff meetings;
* coordinating mailings;
* responding to general inquiries;
* hiring and supervising 3-4 administrative interns per year; and
* with the Director, managing the office/administrative expense budget.
HOURS AND SCHEDULE
The Office Manager reports to the Director. S/he works 40 hours per week during regular BMAC office hours (Monday-Friday, 10-6). Some evening and weekend hours required on occasion.
The ideal candidate for this position is a friendly “people person” with outstanding organizational skills and a preternatural ability to field many requests at once while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor. Very strong computer skills and attention to detail are a must. Interest and/or experience in art, museums, galleries, non-profits helpful but not required.
Salary to be negotiated, health insurance, retirement plan, and paid vacation
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please do not send materials in any fashion other than via email, as they will not be reviewed. Receipt of application materials will be acknowledged by email within a week. Please do not call to follow up, unless a week has elapsed and you have not received email acknowledging that your application has been received.
Founded in 1972, the Brattleboro Museum & Art Center (BMAC) is located in Brattleboro’s historic Union Station. The mission of BMAC is to present art and ideas in ways that inspire, educate, and engage people of all ages. A leading presence in the cultural landscape of Brattleboro, Vermont, and the surrounding region, BMAC presents rotating exhibitions of contemporary art, organizes and hosts a variety of cultural events, offers arts education programs to area schools, and serves as a venue for public and private gatherings. To learn more about BMAC, visit www.brattleboromuseum.org or www.facebook.com/brattmuseum.