Classified Ad: Call to Artists for the T.W. Wood Gallery Juried Show “Nourishment”
Posted: November 10, 2017
Category: Calls to Artists
End Date: January 8, 2018
Theme: Nourishment: “Food or other substances necessary for growth, health, and good condition”.
“Dreams provide nourishment for the soul, just as a meal does for the body.” Paulo Coelho
“The arts, quite simply, nourish the soul. They sustain, comfort, inspire. There is nothing like that exquisite moment when you first discover the beauty of connecting with others in celebration of larger ideals and shared wisdom.” Gordon Gee
“Art is as natural as sunshine and as vital as nourishment” MaryAnn Kohl
“Women are the nourishing power of the Universe. Whoever has deep respect for women of the world, will remain free from diseases.” Amit Ray
“Kindness is the best nourishment for humanity.” Debasish Mridha
• Artwork: Submit up to 3 titled images in any medium, (painting, drawing, photography, sculpture etc.) created in the last five years. Maximum size 40 inches due to space limitations.
• Fee: $30 for submitting three pieces of art. $10 for each additional submission.
• Payment: Check or money order made out to T. W. Wood Gallery. Mail to 46 Barre St Montpelier, VT 05602. For credit card charges include your name as on the card, type of card (Visa, Mastercard or Discover) address including zip code where credit card bills are sent, expiration date (mmyy), three digit security code and e-mail address.
o $100 for Best in Show
o People’s Choice Award (to be voted on by exhibit attendees)
• Submission Deadline: January 7th 2018
• E-mail submissions, send jpg files to: email@example.com Limit file sizes to 3 MB total. Include show title on subject line. Note in the email a list of all images submitted, medium, size and retail price. (note the Gallery charges a 40 % commission fee)
• Include: a short bio (100 words) and artist statement plus your contact information name, address, e-mail and phone.
• Notification Date: February 2, 2018
• Installation: Saturday February 24, 2018
• Exhibition Dates: Tuesday February 27, through Friday April 28, 2018
• If chosen to exhibit, artists are responsible for delivery of all work to the Gallery and picking up work. Artwork can be hand delivered or shipped via UPS or Fed-ex. If shipping please include a pre-paid return shipping label.
• All artwork accepted must be available for sale. The Wood Gallery will receive a 40% commission on all sales.
• All reasonable care and precaution will be taken in the handling, storing and installation of works submitted for this exhibit. The Gallery cannot be held liable for any damage to artwork.
Participation in the entry process constitutes an understanding and acceptance of the conditions.
Cindy Griffith – Has shown her artwork in Gallery’s and Museums across Vermont and beyond. Cindy is past President of the Vermont Pastel Society, juried member of the Pastel Society of America, a member of the Art Resource Association, Vermont Crafts Council, Studio Place Arts, Bryan Memorial Gallery and on the Board of Directors for the T.W. Wood Art Gallery.
Nathan Suter – Nathan is well known in the arts community. He is a founding partner of Build, former Executive Director Helen Day Art Center for almost 10 year, Co-founder and Board member of Root and on the Board of the Peace and Justice Center. He attended the San Francisco Art Institute and received his Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts from Haverford College.
Adelaide Tyrol – Is a well-known botanical and natural history illustrator. Adelaide has an MFA from the Art Institute of Boston and has attended the Parsons School of Design, Humboldt Field Research Institute, along with other art educational programs. She has illustrated many books and her artwork has been exhibited across New England and beyond.
1. Email -images
2. Email -Bio, artist statement and artists contact information.
3. Mail in -Entry fee
If you have any questions or encounter any difficulties with your submission, please contact:
T.W. Wood Gallery 802-262-6035 firstname.lastname@example.org