Cultural Facilities Grants help Vermont nonprofit organizations and municipalities enhance, create, or expand the capacity of an existing building to provide cultural activities for the public.
Examples of projects eligible for funding include:
- improvements such as wiring, heating, accessibility features, lighting, and stage improvements
- building improvements, permanent display panels or exhibit cases, permanent infrastructure or fixed equipment
- wireless/broadband capacity that enhances programming capacity
For other examples of fundable projects, look at this list of recent grantees.
This program is one of the six Building Communities Competitive Grant Programs funded through the State of Vermont Capital Appropriations Budget. The other five programs are:
- Historic Preservation Grants
- Barn Preservation Grants
- Recreation Facilities Grants
- Human Services and Educational Facilities Grants
- Regional Economic Development Grants
Contact Michele Bailey prior to preparing your application to assure that your project is eligible for funding consideration.