Grant Seeker Workshops
Are you thinking about applying for an Arts Council grant? Attend a workshop February 24, March 1, or March 2.
These free sessions are designed for both new and experienced grant writers. There are separate sessions for individual artists and representatives of organizations, as different grants are available for each. Anyone interested in the three-year Arts Partnership Program, the annual Arts Impact or Creation Grants, or the rolling Technical Assistance or Artist Development Grants should attend. (Cultural Facilities Grants have a workshop of their own.) All workshops include an overview of program guidelines; they may also include group discussion, written exercises, or a mock panel activity. Participants will understand which of the Council’s grant programs best meet their needs and learn how to construct a competitive grant application.
- Arts Impact Grants support organizations, municipalities, and schools in their efforts to create a more vibrant quality of life by providing equal and abundant access to the arts. Application deadline: May 5, 2017.
- The Arts Partnership Program engages Vermont-based 501(c)3 arts organizations in partnerships to advance arts advocacy and access. Application deadline: May 3, 2017.
- Technical Assistance Grants support activities that enhance organizational development, professional skills, or expand the marketing abilities of Vermont-registered 501(c)3 arts organizations, in order to strengthen their capacity to serve constituents. Application deadline: rolling
- Artist Development Grants support artists at all stages of their careers by providing matching funds for skills training or business development. Application deadline: rolling.
- Creation Grants support the creation of new work by Vermont artists. These grants can fund time, materials, or space rental for artists and artist groups. Application deadline: March 29, 2017.
- February 24, 2017 | Marlboro College Graduate Center at 28 Vernon Street in Brattleboro
- March 1, 2017 | Hartford Town Hall at 171 Bridge Street in White River Junction
- March 2, 2017 | North End Studios at 294 N. Winooski Avenue in Burlington
For all dates and locations, the workshop for organizations is 9 a.m.-12 p.m., for artists 1-3 p.m.
If you are coming to a workshop, send an email to Meredith Bell, or call her at 802.828.3292 by February 22. Be sure to indicate which date, location, and time you plan to attend.
All workshop locations are physically accessible. Contact Michele Bailey, 504/ADA coordinator with any questions you have. She can be reached by sending an email to Michele Bailey or by calling 802.828.3294. Voice and relay calls welcome.
We will make every effort to honor requests for specific accommodations made by February 17, 2017.