The Legislative Art Caucus was formed to:
- Advise the Arts Council and its constituents about legislative issues affecting arts policy and budgets.
- Inform legislative colleagues about the benefits of the arts in Vermont and provide leadership on arts policy.
- Promote a legislative agenda for the arts and build consensus around arts budget and policy issues.
The Arts Council will:
- Advise the Legislative Caucus about issues important to Vermont’s arts community so that members are well prepared to report to the legislature about the arts
- Provide data that substantiates the role of the arts in economic productivity, educational success and community well-being.
- Inform constituents about efforts being pursued by legislators to put art and culture at the center of Vermont community life.
- Provide an “in-house” forum through which issues and concerns about Vermont’s culture and heritage may be discussed and policies formulated.