A major portion of the Vermont Arts Council's work is dedicated to providing funding through competitive grants to artists, organizations, schools, and other partners. Each program follows the General Program Guidelines and guidelines of its own.
FY2015 GRANTS are for activities beginning September 1, 2014 or later and ending no later than August 30, 2015.
Artist Development Grants of $250-$1,000 to fund activities that enhance an artist's professional career:
Creation Grants of $3,000 to support the creation of new work by Vermont artists:
- FY2015 grantees will be announced August 1, 2015.
- No match required
- Creation Grant Guidelines explain eligibility and criteria
Artists in Schools Grants of $250 - $2,500 for schools awarded on a per diem basis. Artists must be drawn from the Council's roster:
- FY2015 applications will open August 15, 2014 with rolling deadline
- No match required; award based on the number of days the artist(s) is/are in residence (1-10)
- Deadlines, eligibility, application process explained in the Artists in Schools Grant Guidelines
Cultural Routes Grants of $200 for Vermont schools to support transportation costs to museums, historic sites, performances, or other cultural activities:
Arts Partnership Grants of $3,000 - $7000 to provide operating funds over a three-year period to arts organizations that offer year-round, high-quality arts programs and services that help to support the Council’s mission:
Cultural Facilities Grants of $1,000-$30,000 for Vermont nonprofit organizations and municipalities to enhance, create, or expand the capacity of an existing building to provide cultural activities for the public.
Operating Support Grant:
- Program combined with the Arts Partnership program for FY2015
Project Grant: $500-$3,000 to support art activities that enhance the quality of life for Vermont’s citizens, attract visitors, and help stimulate local economies. Any Vermont non-profit organization, school, or municipality can apply.
- FY2015 grantees will be notified August 1, 2014
- Match required.
- Deadlines, eligibility, application process, and other details explained in the Project Grant Guidelines.
Technical Assistance Grant: Supports professional development for organizations.
- FY15 applications will open August 1, 2014 with a rolling deadline
- Match required
- Deadlines, eligibility, application process, and other details explained in the Technical Assistance Grant Guidelines
To report on Arts Partnerships, Artist Development, Artists in Schools, Cultural Facilities, Cultural Routes, Operating Support, or Project Grants, use this form. If you need the final report form for a Creation Grant final, contact us.
See what kind of projects and events we fund, and how people have used their grants. You might find it useful to use these projects as a model for your own. Read stories about recently funded projects or, see a list of our recently awarded grants.